Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas Decorations~ in Home and Heart

A few weeks ago I decorated my place for Christmas. Without buying a single new item, I redid every flat surface in Christmas cheeriness~ which wasn't that hard, considering the extensive collection I have already amassed XD. Here are some Instagramed Pictures of my labor:




But, preparing my room for Christmas was not the only thing that needed prepared. The last few weeks have been a crazy roller coaster ride for my heart and mind. This week I was able to spend extra time searching the Scriptures and praying for wisdom and direction. With my working in retail (and being responsible for a team of not-so-motivated group of people. . .), I can already catch myself focusing on just the retail side of the season. I so easily forget the true reason of Christmas: God so loved the world that He sent His only Son to be the propitiation for my sin, that I may confess my sins and be counted righteous through Christ's covering of me (John 3:16, 1 John 4:10, Romans 3:25, 1 John 1:9, 1 Peter 2:24). Christ came with the purpose of living to die, counting the cross as joy, knowing that only through the shedding of His perfect blood would I ever be able to draw near to Him (Hebrews 12:2, Romans 5:9, Ephesians 2:13, Colossians 1:14). May I seek to honor Him in all I do and say this season and always: "For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's" (1Corinthians 6:20), "Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men." (1 Corinthians 7:23).
Merry {early} Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment