Thursday, March 22, 2012

Back to the Love Letter

His Love Letter to me; this is just a minuscule portion of the ways He mentions He loves me, but what a reminder to my wandering heart!

Isa 38:17 Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back. 

 Isa 63:9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

 Jer 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. 

Eph 3:17 -19 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all
the fulness of God.

 Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

 1Ti 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

 Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

1Jo 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

 1Jo 4:9 -10 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

The Maker of the universe is the Lover of my soul. He made my inmost parts, my deepest thoughts, my silent prayers, my hidden dreams. He planted within me my hopes of a future and is reading my story aloud- He has had it written down since the beginning of ages- so that I may hear it, see it, live it, page by page, word by word. Why do I so seldom acknowledge His masterpiece and try to scribble my own story idea atop of His finished work?

A lack of eternal focus and drive that He desires to grow in me; I have refused to submit, for the present takes up my attention. I am so consumed with the drudgery of the day's work that I fail to delight in the oasis of a vacation that is around the corner.

Take my heart, my dreams, my will, my focus, and mold it into what you would have it to be- one that is consumed with the story You have written, planned, designed, created for me. But, no, not just the story- the Author of it. Amen.

1 comment: