Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Simple Song~ Strong Truth

"The B-I-B-L-E,
Yes, that's the Book for me,
I stand alone on the Word of God,
The B-I-B-L-E! BIBLE!"

This childhood song ran through my head yesterday, and for one of the first few times, I considered the deeper meaning of this song.
"That's the Book for me": I forsake all other books other than this one. I choose to live my life by THIS Book. I claim it as my own.
"I stand ALONE on the Word of God": even when no one else is doing it, when I am being ridiculed, mocked, even persecuted- I will remain planted on this Book. I will stand only on this Book- not my own desires, the world's philosophies, or anything else. I know I cannot be friends with the world and call myself a daughter of the King (James 4:4), So I deny aught else but this Book alone.
Amazing to think of all the times I sung these lyrics without fully understanding what I was committing to! How I love contemplating the deeper meanings of songs- I think every person should have an understanding of the lyrics they sing.

I will post later about my Memorial day weekend projects- painting, rearranging, and decorating :).

As this was supposed to be posted Memorial Day, I wanted to especially give a big thank you to all those who have fought and sacrificed for my freedom. I am blessed to live in the United States!

Until later this week- hopefully! ;)

Amber~ His beloved

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reading my blog, Steve! I just read some of your posts and I love the amount of Scripture you use- and that you use the Word within the context to back up your convictions and ideas. I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete