Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Light \/s Darkness

I have been discovering many things [not so pleasant things/characteristics] about myself lately. My sinful nature is so sick and in need of being defeated. Praise the Lord that "greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:4). I have the power of Christ and the guidance of the Holy Spirit inside me, it just comes down to who I will serve and heed: God or self, Good or bad, Light or darkness. In the end "darkness never had a chance" as this Anthem Lights song states, and Christ will be victorious in my life.

Lord help me to remember that "I can do all things through CHRIST, Who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13). May I heed to what you bring me, and respond in a meek manner (meekness isn't weakness: it takes strength to deny the impulse of anger, resentment, and vengeance, but rather accept what God has brought into my life- knowing that He will works all things "together for good, to them that love God" (Romans 8:28).

No comments:

Post a Comment