Monday, October 31, 2011

Costume Parties, Changes, November- Oh my!

I had a pretty amazingly fun weekend. I went to dinner/costume shopping with a friend, then enjoyed a hoot of a time at PBF with the college crew. Most everyone dressed up in costumes (sadly, I did not get pictures), and afterwards, we all went bowling. It was a hilariously good time.
I worked Saturday, and was able to be more of the Team Leader that I am supposed to be (working with an amazing team of people!).
Sunday service was good as always, Women of Character class was insightful, and fellowship was nice. I had lunch with my friend followed by attending an antique show. It was his "introduction" to antiquing, but he seemed to not mind it too much. I had fun walking through with him, seeing things through his first-timer eyes. We stopped and asked the antiquers questions about their trade and goods, gaining valuable information. We walked and talked around the mall afterwards, then headed to another costume party. This one was fun too :). I was able to spend some time chatting with a senior gal who had also been homeschooled (she was such a good example of a godly young woman, and was wonderful in conversation!). We played a few mixer-type games (myself failing, but having fun :), then headed home.

Unfortunately, you can't view my awesome boots, but it is a pretty good shot of my pirate gettup :)

I am going through some life changes right now, trying to balance everything, but continually dropping something by mistake. It seems like I cannot learn to simply rely on God~ I suppose it is a lifelong lesson. Prayers for wisdom would be appreciated!!!

One last note: tomorrow starts November. GAH!!!! That means that Black Friday is a few short weeks away. And I work in retail. It also means that Christmas is next month (and a day, but what's the difference?). Dear Lord, I plead for patience and peace for the next few weeks!

Hopefully I shall update with more verses soon!!! Thank you for checking in : )

No comments:

Post a Comment