Sunday, October 16, 2011

*Sigh* On the Right Track... Again

Yesterday was a happy morning. Friday was a happy day. Wednesday was amazing because I was able to discuss and fellowship with a very wise, godly mentor, and work through all the difficulties I had gone through the last few weeks. One of her suggestions was to study scriptures that would combat the need for control/power/pride. I will soon post my list of verses on here. So keep checking back : )

Today is the Lord's day, and I am blessed that I don't have to work at jcp this afternoon. I plan to spend some more time on my verse list, as well as prepare for my Bible study on Tuesday. Extra time with my Savior will be happening today. So that makes today a happy day.

God is good and in control. And I am just beginning to realize how much meaning this statement holds.


"But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." ~James 4:6-10

No comments:

Post a Comment