Monday, August 22, 2011

1st Day of College: I survived!

I am now an official college student.
Today I survived my first day of classes. I found each of my classrooms, was early for each, and once I was there, my stress level went way down (before-hand, though, it was at a dangerously high level :P). I actually had fun in my English class (way more laid back than what I was expecting, and my teacher is pretty cool), and I feel confident so far in my Algebra class (although understanding my teacher's accent is more difficult than understanding the material itself). I enjoyed my hour of time between my classes (spent reading in the library), and time went by pretty fast.

Trying to figure out my homework was a frustrating puzzle with missing pieces. I completed my English assignments due all the way through Friday already. That was fun and simple (example: answering questions about your writing habits, down-loading Blackboard IM, and reading the first chapter in our book-which I did before class). Trying to figure out how much of my Algebra homework was due, and whether it was due Wednesday or next Monday, left me snapping at my family, throwing my cat, and kicking my desk (okay, so maybe I slightly dropped my cat a foot from the ground- but she was on my desk). I think I did eventually figure it out, but I will message my instructor later (so thankful for modern technology!).

Tomorrow I have my Principles of Management and Economics class. Praying that all will go as well as today. My first class is at 7:30 (and even that early, things can go well, right?), and I will be done around 10:15.

God has blessed me with His peace when I know that I really don't deserve it. And that is exactly what I prayed for last night during a mini- break down. And He answered my prayer. What an awesome Lord I serve! May I look for opportunities to share His story and love even tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment