Monday, August 29, 2011

Why am I at college?

I had kind of forgotten some of the lessons that our college class learned this summer. Then one of my freshman friends answered this question someone asked on her facebook wall: Why are you there (at Purdue)? Her answer pricked my heart (why couldn't I answer like this first?): To be the visible representation of Jesus Christ.

Looks like I need to refocus. Re-center my life around the fact that it is not mine- it is bought with a price and is to be lived out like my Savior's example.

Looks like I need to slow down. It is not all about the straight A's, or the academics,  or meeting new people. It is about being a light to a lost world. It is about being like Christ.

Looks like I have many things to work on this week. And it does not just include HW and work at jcp.

No comments:

Post a Comment