Friday, August 5, 2011

The Reason Behind the Name :)

{Hidden&Seeking}

Why exactly is the name of this blog a slightly modified version of a child's game?

I don't know...
Just kidding :)

Not only is the name a little catchy (if I do say so myself), but it stands for two important things in my life.

1. "Hidden":
  • My life is hidden in Christ: "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and you life is HID with Christ in God."~Colossions 3:2-3
  • In Christ are all treasures hidden: "That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ, in Whom are HID all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."~Colossians 2:2-3
  • As a reminder of the important things to be focusing on: "Your adorning, let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting of the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel: but let it be the HIDDEN man of the heart, in that which is not corruptiblele, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price."~1 Peter 3:3-4
2. "Seeking":
A reminder as to what I should be seeking after: Not popularity or riches, not a degree or boyfriend, not the "perfect" life or expensive style. But rather:
  • Deuteronomy 4:29 "But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul."
  • 1 Chronicles 16:11 "Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually."
  • Psalm 27:8 "When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek."
  • Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
  •  Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:"
  • Luke 12:29-31 "And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you."
There are many more verses about seeking God, His will, and His kingdom that I could add here. But I believe that I have made my point.

So that is the meaning behind the blog. What exactly I will post on here is still the mystery :). So I guess that you will have to keep checking in to find out.
:D

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment