Monday, August 15, 2011

Big Moments Bring Back Memories

I start college in a week.


^ that is a crazy, unbelievable, never-thought-I'd-say-that, statement.

I think that this summer I have had many statements that could be described as such. I turned 18, was promoted at work to team leader, went to New York City on a life-changing missions trip, figured out my semi-plan for the next two years, and went through some trials that drew me closer to Christ.

After contemplating all these monumental events in my life, I really wish that I could share this all with my Grandpa E. who passed away in 2008. I can just imagine his response, wise comments, and pride in his eyes for his oldest grand-daughter. I have thought about him many times this summer, wishing that I could share all of this with him. I did have the blessing to share some of these events with my Grandpa W., before he passed away from cancer this summer.
As hard as it is to not have my grandfathers with me in the flesh now, I have peace that I WILL see them again in heaven. It is comforting to know that I will be able to share all this with them in just a little while. After all this life is "Only Temporary" (I love this mercyme song! Listen to it below).


I suggest listening to the music, and not watching the video :)


I can't wait to start college, and turn the page to this new chapter in my life. I am blessed to have family around me to share all these new experiences with, and to have my grandfathers above me watching all I do. And of course, I have my Savior by my side, leading me "in paths of righteousness for His name's sake" (Psalm 23:3).

No comments:

Post a Comment